12.06.2011

Worst Art Block... EVER!! But not all bad...

Until today I haven't drawn anything in almost a month!! That use to be unthinkable to me. All Ive worked on a quick little sketch of Mrs. M and touched up a picture if Cissy that been sitting for a while during my lunch break today but lately I've just lost it. I go on DA everyday and see all my friends and favorite artist just CRANKIN' OUT artwork like no tomorrow while I have problems wrapping up simple sketches in my mini sketch pad. I know it' one of the worst things to do, comparing yourself to other artist but I've just lost focus and I don't know why nor how to fix it as it's never hit me like this before, I mean NEVR!! Yeah there's been those periods of time between but normally due to lack of time but outside of Thanksgiving with my mother I've had all the time in the world. Even during my worst bouts with my depression I would manage to knock out a pic or two. This is so disheartening, I've been looking at my sketch book like its my free weights and I just don't want to do the exercise; which is something else my fat ass need to do but that's another subject for another blog at another time.

On the plus side the super awesome Andrew Dickman has put me on his watch list!! I was kinda star struck to think such a talented artist like him would check out my art and want do so on a regular basis. Andy was one of the first artist I discovered on DA and I know that this was truly a cool site where great artist shine. He said that even he is "...a sucker for sexy gal pictures." and thinks Chica and Fumie are adorable AND... that he checks out my blog now and then. That was cooler than when I saw the artist ShoNuff44 had faved my first Cino De Mayo picture. Yeah, I got self esteem issues... Anyway, Andy said we should do an art trade one day, how cool is that?! I'll take him up on that early next year after I put away some lagging projects and stuff. I have some much I could ask for art wise, some many characters, I'll have to think hard about what I'll ask for.

In the meanwhile, I'll keep pushing harder to create more art.